Monday, July 27, 2015

COLOSSIANS 1:1-2 GRACE AND PEACE - A GREETING FROM PAUL TO THE COLOSSIANS



Col 1:1-2
Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, and Timothy our brother,
To God’s holy people in Colossae, the faithful brothers and sisters[a] in Christ:
Grace and peace to you from God our Father.

Notes:
 In this letter to Colossians also, Paul addresses himself as an apostle. But he is not putting honor on himself but only because it was the will of God. He calls the people of Colossae 'God's Holy people' and as 'faithful brothers and sisters in Christ'. This letter applies to us also who are God's chosen people in Christ. Let us also be able to get the same label of 'faithful in Christ'. Grace and Peace can be granted by God alone. 

Prayer:
Heavenly Father, how lucky I am to be chosen by you! Just like how Paul is so clear about your will, Enable me to understand your will in my life and move accordingly in that direction. Bless me to be faithful to you at all times in all that I do. I know that grace and peace are your gifts alone and I seek for these to reign in my life. 
In your matchless name I pray
Amen




No comments:

Post a Comment