Monday, July 27, 2015

Phil 4:10-13 BE SATISFIED IN ALL CIRCUMSTANCES


Phil 4:10-13
10 I rejoiced greatly in the Lord that at last you renewed your concern for me. Indeed, you were concerned, but you had no opportunity to show it. 11 I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

Notes: Paul teaches through these beautiful verses how important it is to be content in every situation. He is the right person to give this testimony since he came from a well off background. He threw away everything for the gospel. He knows what it means to live in plenty and also how to live with bear minimum. He has learned to find contentment whatever the situation is. He seals this testimony with an awesome verse that his contentment and satisfaction is only because the Lord strengthens him and not by his own merit.


Prayer:
Heavenly Father, In Psalms 23, you teach us that you are our shepherd and hence we will not be in want. Enable me to be satisfied in every situation. I confess that I am a complainer and mostly unsatisfied. But with your strength I want to eradicate this and be content with whatever you have given me. Bless me to overlook any greed or dissatisfaction and put my focus on you alone. Thank you for your mercy and love
In Jesus' precious name
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment