Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Phil 4:4-7 REJOICE ALWAYS - JOY NOT BASED ON ONE'S CIRCUMSTANCES



Philippians 4:4-7
Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 
Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Notes:
 Paul was imprisoned when he writes this letter to the Philippians. He is the last person who should be talking about happiness and rejoicing. But that’s the valuable lesson we learn here. Joy is not based on our circumstances, it is based on the hope we hold in the Lord.
         Our nature should not be that we are saints in the church and a different person to the outside world. We are to be gentle to all. The Christ in us should be evident wherever we go or whoever we meet. The coming of the Lord is not too far. How can we hide the hypocrisy from the Lord if we show favor only to few people. If the love of the Lord overflows in us then we love everyone unconditionally.

 Any situation that we worry about, we should bring it to the Lord in prayer with a lot of gratitude that the Lord is in control and He will do the needful. If we pray about it and then worry about it then it really is equal to distrusting the Lord. Once we have laid down our burdens on the Lord, His peace takes over our heart and mind and we are at complete peace. Only the precious Lord alone can provide such peace. No man or thing can provide us this everlasting peace.

Prayer:
Abba Father,
Thank you for teaching me a lot of valuable truths from this passage. Enable me to rejoice in you at all times whatever maybe my situation and bring all the troubles to you in prayer. I know that you are wonderful father who listens to me and knows what is right for me and I do not need to fear. Enable my faith and trust in you to increase day by day. I want to let go dependency on my strength and abilities and put my complete trust in you alone. I seek your blessings to show the ‘Christ in me’ wherever I maybe. Let me be able to give glory to you alone in all that happens in my life.
In Jesus matchless name
AMEN


No comments:

Post a Comment