Monday, July 20, 2015

Phil 4:1-3 Stand firm in the Lord and be of one mind

Phil 4:1-3
Therefore, my brothers and sisters, you whom I love and long for, my joy and crown, stand firm in the Lord in this way, dear friends! 2 I plead with Euodia and I plead with Syntyche to be of the same mind in the Lord. 3 Yes, and I ask you, my true companion, help these women since they have contended at my side in the cause of the gospel, along with Clement and the rest of my co-workers, whose names are in the book of life.
Notes:
Paul talks here of two women who are not getting along very well. He pleads with them to ‘be of the same mind’. Their purpose was the same - to spread the gospel. But they could not go get along very well. It is a possibility that during our journey as believers we meet other believers who are different. The love and passion for Christ may the same but their attitudes, way of ministering, way of living may be different. But instead of having an attitude of judgement and hatred, let us reconcile with each other and focus on Christ and His will in our life. The enemy can even use other believers to distract us from our purpose in life. Let this not happen to us. Like Paul says in Phil 3:14 Let us press on towards the goal to win the prize for which God has called us. 

Prayer:
Abba Father, I confess that many a times I have judged believers for their action and attitudes. You teach me here that they are not the ones I need to look upon and criticize, but my eyes need to be on you alone and what you teach me. I need to be more like you and hence my focus should only be on you. Enable me to reconcile with other believers and also help them in our journey together to do the tasks you entrusted us with. Fill me with your love so that I may look upon others only with love. 
In Jesus’ mighty name 

AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment