Sunday, May 3, 2015

1 THESSALONIANS 1:1-3 Faith, Love and Hope

 S - 1 Thessalonians 1:Paul, Silas[a] and Timothy,
To the church of the Thessalonians in God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ:Grace and peace to you. Thanksgiving for the Thessalonians’ FaithWe always thank God for all of you and continually mention you in our prayers. We remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ.

O – Work produced by faith, labor prompted by love, endurance inspired by hope in Christ

A – As my desire to evangelize grows and the fear of my weaknesses rise, through this verse the Holy Spirit strengthens me by saying that what ever I do is because of my faith in Christ. This is the first step -  Complete faith in Christ. My labor should be prompted from love for the people who I talk to, not as a responsibility to spread the good news but out of love for them – unconditional love. My persuasion or endurance should be inspired by the hope I have in Christ and not based on the world or even on my own weaknesses.


P – Precious Lord, I submit myself to you. I realize that I have a lot of weaknesses which hinder me from spreading your good news. But you taught me here that the faith I have in you, the godly love you have instilled in me and the unwavering hope that I have in you is enough to cover my weaknesses. Strengthen and equip me Lord for your kingdom. Thank you for the platform that you are already providing me. Help me to be guided by the Holy Spirit at all times.
In Jesus mighty name I pray ,
AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment