Tuesday, May 19, 2015

1 THESSALONIANS 5:16-22 - REJOICE,PRAY,GIVE THANKS






 S - 1 Thessalonians 5:16-22 NIV
Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.   Do not quench the Spirit. Do not treat prophecies with contempt but test them all; hold on to what is good, reject every kind of evil.

O/A- A person becomes a true Christian when he realizes that he is a sinner and he needs Christ as his saviour.  Upon this realization the life changes and the Holy Spirit takes over to guide in each and every instance. We learn to rejoice at all times in spite of circumstances because we know that Christ is in control.  The 'wonderful counselor' teaches us to hold on to what is good and reject evil. This help us to achieve the aim of Christian life that is  to transform into His image.

P - Heavenly Father, Thank You for teaching me that I need to rejoice at all times. Many a times I have fallen short and complained of my circumstances.  You have wonderfully guided me till now and will do so in the future.  Help me to submit myself to you and your guidance and submit all my worries to you in prayer.  Enable me to heed to the Holy Spirit and never quench Him.
In Jesus precious name
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment