Saturday, May 23, 2015

2 THESSALONIANS 1:11-12 WORTHY OF HIS CALLING


S- 1 Thes 1: 11-12
11 With this in mind, we constantly pray for you, that our God may make you worthy of his calling, and that by his power he may bring to fruition your every desire for goodness and your every deed prompted by faith. 12 We pray this so that the name of our Lord Jesus may be glorified in you, and you in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ

O – 1. Constantly pray for you
2. Make you worthy of His calling
3. His power may bring to fruition every deed prompted by faith.
4. Name of the Lord Jesus may be gloried in you and you in Him accorning to His grace.

A – Anything we do in faith or what we desire for goodness can be made fruitful only by the power of God. Just as Paul prays for the Thessalonians, I also need to pray because without His grace all my efforts are in vain. If the glory of God needs to be revealed through me then it is only by His grace and not my own efforts.

P – Precious heavenly father, I submit my desires and efforts into your hands. Let everything I do bring glory to your name. Let me never boast of my efforts as it is only by your grace that I am chosen by you. I seek your power and strength to break the bondage of fear to spread your good news. Enable me to be a walking (in faith) and talking (about my faith) Christian so that I stand as a witness for you wherever I go.
In Jesus mighty name

AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment