Sunday, March 22, 2015

1 Peter 1:3-4 LIVING HOPE AND ETERNAL INHERITANCE




S – 1 Peter 1:3-4 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In His great mercy He has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade. This inheritance is kept in heaven for you.

O – Through His resurrection Christ gave us:
New birth into a living hope
Inheritance that can never perish

A –  Through the resurrection of Christ, we have a living hope and an inheritance in heaven. We as believers should not place our hope on anything immaterial. Many a times, I place my hope on my Family, Job and self Efforts. But the Lord has given me an eternal hope and this will never fail me. Whatever happens in this life on earth should not overly affect or upset me as my hope is placed on the Lord.

P – Abba Father, Thank you for this hope that I have in you. Enable me to always be reminded of this hope that I have in you and not to put my hope on anything perishable in this life. Let me at all times be grateful for this living hope and the inheritance that awaits me in heaven. In Jesus’ precious name I pray, AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment