Tuesday, March 31, 2015

1 Peter 2:15-17 - Submission to Authority

 
S- 1 Peter 2:15-17
For it is God’s will that by doing good you should silence the ignorant talk of foolish people. Live as free people, but do not use your freedom as a cover up for evil; live as God’s slaves. Show proper respect to everyone, love the family of believers, fear God, honor the emperor.
O – 1. By doing good you can silence ignorant people.
2. Live as free people – do not misuse the freedom.
3. Live as God’s slaves.
4. Show proper respect to all
A – Today’s verse teaches on submission to human authority. We sometimes fall into conclusion that since we are under God’s authority, we do not need to submit to any authorities on earth. But God has placed people in authority over us so as to maintain law and order. In this way we need to respect them and submit to their authority. We are people who are free in Christ but this does not allow us to cover up the sins we want to do. We need to be God’s slaves. A good slave submits to his master, obeys his instructions and is dedicated to serving him. This is the same attitude we need to have for God. I need to have proper respect for everyone, other believers and the ones in authority. Our lives should do the talking instead of us. This way we can silence the ignorant people. We need to win people over by our life, attitude, and behavior. The Christ in us should be revealed to others through how we deal with others. I like the quote of Willian J toms “Be careful how you live. You may be the only Bible some person ever reads.”
P – Father Lord, Thank you for teaching me today about the importance of submission. Enable me to submit to authorities you have placed in my life. I want to respect them all not considering whether they are good or bad or to me. Enable me to live a good life which will please you and the authorities so that I may be found right. Help me to pray for the ones in authority and seek your blessings on them.  Let me be able to witness you wherever I go and give you all glory.
In Jesus’ mighty name I pray
AMEN.
 


 

1 comment:

  1. Yes Lord I choose to humble myself before all the authorities You have placed over me for Your glory.

    ReplyDelete