Thursday, March 26, 2015

1 PTER 1:13,15 BE HOLY BECAUSE HE IS HOLY

S – Therefore with minds that are alert and fully sober, set your hope on the grace to be brought to you when Jesus Christ is revealed at his coming. But Just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do for it is written: “Be Holy, because I am Holy”

O - We should look forward to the 2nd coming of Christ with hope. Our minds should be alert and directed towards it. The evil desires of the flesh should not take this focus away. We have been born again and the spirit dwells in us. We are guided by the spirit and He convicts us when we tread in the wrong paths. We need to be alert to this guidance and should not backslide to the position we were in when we were ignorant of the truth. We cannot live a holy life by ourselves. This would make us Self-righteous, instead we have been provide a wonderful counselor, The Holy Spirit to guide us. We are guided by the spirit to trust and obey the Lord and in this way transform into His image which is Holy.

A – Many a times I have tried to be holy and tried to make myself right. I realized that I am so weak and cannot control many of my bad habits. So many thoughts come to mind and I want to react and say something to prove my point and I end up failing. These verses remind me that I have been called to be holy, but am I alone in this battle? No. I have the Holy Spirit in me to lead me and correct me. When the enemy brings negative and provoking thoughts I need to submit myself to be lead by the Holy Spirit and cancel all the lies of the Satan in the name of Jesus. I choose to obey the Holy Spirit and let go off all my fleshly tendencies. The immaterial matters on this earth are worthless compared to the grace that is going to be revealed in the 2nd coming.

P – Precious Father, as I transform to your image, Enable me to let go of all my fleshly desires. Enable me to die to myself and submit myself to you completely. I don’t want to conform to the pattern of this world father, but live a worthy life as your daughter. To remind me at all times that I am the daughter of the King of Kings.

In Jesus’ precious name I pray

AMEN


No comments:

Post a Comment