Sunday, March 29, 2015

1 Peter 2:1, 4-5 BUILT INTO SPIRITUAL HOUSES


S - 1 PETER 2:1 - Therefore, rid yourselves of all malice and all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and slander of every kind
1 Peter 2:4,5 - As you come to him, the living Stone—rejected by humans but chosen by God and precious to him— you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house[a] to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.

O – 1.Rid ourselves of malice, hypocrisy, slander etc
2.   Just as Christ is the living stone, we too are being built into spiritual house offering acceptable sacrifices to the Lord.

A – Jesus is the living stone but the people rejected him. He was so precious to and was chosen by God. Once we accept him as our savior we too become living stones with Christ as our foundation. We can grow up and be built up only through the pure milk of God’s word. I like the comparison of a baby craving for milk. Newborn Babies crave and cry for spiritual milk as if their life depends on it. This is the same approach I need to have for the word of God. I need to Hear, Read, Study, Memorize and Meditate on the God’s word. In this way I will be deeply rooted in the word so that I can rid myself of all evil like deceit, hypocrisy, envy etc. I can transform into the Lord’s image only once I submit to the Holy Spirit to teach me the Word and help me apply it into my life.

P – Abba Father, Thank you for reminding me of how precious the word of God is. Enable me to faithfully engage myself in the Word and apply it to my life. I want to love other unconditionally just like how you did. Enable me to overcome the fleshly tendencies to gossip, envy others, talk evil etc. Cleanse me with the precious spiritual milk i.e your word and enable me to trust and obey your teachings.
I pray also for each of the precious sisters in this group. Lord, Enable them meditate on your word and hear your voice. I submit all the desires of their heart into your hands. We pray for the ones preparing for their exam, engaged in research, looking out for a good job etc. We submit it all into your hands and we are not worried since you are with us through it all and in perfect control.
In Jesus’ precious name I pray
AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment