Monday, March 9, 2015

PROVERBS 20:15-21

S- Proverbs 20:15-21
15 Gold there is, and rubies in abundance,
    but lips that speak knowledge are a rare jewel.
    hold it in pledge if it is done for an outsider.
    but one ends up with a mouth full of gravel.
    so if you wage war, obtain guidance.
    so avoid anyone who talks too much.
    their lamp will be snuffed out in pitch darkness.
    will not be blessed at the end.
16 Take the garment of one who puts up security for a stranger;
17 Food gained by fraud tastes sweet,
18 Plans are established by seeking advice;
19 A gossip betrays a confidence;
20 If someone curses their father or mother,
21 An inheritance claimed too soon

O -
1.    Lips that speak knowledge is more precious than gold and rubies
2.    Dishonest gain may seem beneficial but will not last and consequences have to be suffered.
3.    Any major decisions should be taken with proper guidance.
4.    Avoid gossip by all means
5.    Father and Mother should never be cursed.
6.    An inheritance should be taken at the right time only

A -
The words I speak are very important and as emphasized many times in the bible, the tongue is very difficult to control. The words we speak should be shown in Eph 4:29 “Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.”

Yet there are times when I tend to forget it and just blurt out what I feel to just satisfy the flesh for that moment and guilt rushes over. I need to seek the spirit to guide me in this area.
Any kind of gain made through dishonest means is no good at all and will turn to have greater consequences later one. I need to be prayerfully alert to any such dishonest invitations.

Any major decision should be taken with godly wisdom or it will be regretted later. Consulting godly people for guidance is also a good way.

Gossip is mentioned as evil many times in the bible. My self evaluation tell me that I have improved a lot in avoiding it compared to the earlier years. But sometimes I just fall unintentionally into a conversation which might lead to a gossip and this is not good. Unnecessary talk about other people should be completely stopped as it does no good. I remember reading a devotional article on how to approach gossip. We need ask 2 questions “Does this talk do me any good? Does this talk help the person who we are talking about?” If no, then just stop.

My parents should not be cursed by any means. Honoring parents is one of the commandment God has given with a promise attached to it and hence it is indeed important.

P -
Abba Father,
Thank you for speaking to me through the word today and mostly highlighting to me about the words I use. Enable me to speak words of wisdom which is only possible thru your guidance. In all that I do let me be guided by your light. Enable me to be a witness for you and not a worldly person giving vent to anger and hatred. I submit myself to you completely. Mould me and make me fulfill the purpose you have for me.
In Jesus precious name
AMEN

1 comment:

  1. Amen Lord Thank you and Praise Your name for the incredible richness of Your word.

    ReplyDelete