Monday, November 17, 2014

2 Peter 1: 10-11 Confirm your Calling and Election

Passage:
2 Peter 1:10-11New International Version (NIV)
10 Therefore, my brothers and sisters,[a] make every effort to confirm your calling and election. For if you do these things, you will never stumble, 11 and you will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Truths:

1. Make every effort to confirm your calling and election.
2. If you do all the required, to gain these qualities (ref vs 2 Peter 1:5-9) :
    - you will never stumble
    - you will receive a rich welcome into the eternal Kingdom of our Lord Jesus.


Application:
           God has called me and chosen me to be His. I need to confirm this calling and election. If I do my best to add on all the required qualities to my faith then I will not stumble or fall. I will surrender myself to God and let Him lead me to whatever He desires for me to bring glory to his Kingdom. Let me be able to show others the Christ in me so that they too may be led to Christ. In this way I will receive a warm welcome into the eternal Kingdom.

Prayer:
Oh Abba Father,
                     Thank you for this opportunity to be called by you. Help me to be productive and effective to your Kingdom. I submit all that I have into your hands. Lord, Show me How I can be useful to you! I submit all the talents you gave me and also all my weaknesses. Help me to use my talents for your glory and let me cover my weaknesses with your strength. When I meet you face to face Lord, I want to see you as a proud father. I humbly give myself to you. Help me Lord to be reminded at all times of this calling and election.
In Jesus name I pray, AMEN.


A Tribute to Brother Chikku Kuriakose:

                    When I read verse 2 Peter 1:11, I couldn't but imagine what the scene would have been when Br. Chikku reached eternity. What welcome he would have received there?? I imagine that the the Lord must have hugged him tightly and said " Son, I am so proud of you. Its now time to rest with me in my Kingdom" Oh Woowww!!!!

My heart is so touched by what this young brother had done at such a short life span. Jesus healed him from cancer and he gave back this life to Christ, by testifying this all around the world and using all the talents he had for the Lord's glory.

I believe that the Lord has a purpose for each of us. Let us use all our little talents to glorify him.

See below the Testimony of this blessed brother:
Late Br.Chikku Kuriakose (1988 - 2014)
http://youtu.be/mEpd2G_qEik

No comments:

Post a Comment