Friday, November 14, 2014

2 Peter 1:1-2 Grace and Peace in abundance through knowledge of Christ

Passage : 2 Peter 1:1-2
Date: 14/11/2014

Truths:
1.Faith is received through Righteousness of God and Jesus Christ.
2. Grace and Peace is ours in abundance through knowledge of God and Jesus.

Application:

  Here the verses illuminate that faith is received through righteousness of God. It is not something we earn or make but we receive from the Lord. We can increase in this faith only by feeding on the 'facts' which is the word of God. And what better way to do this than to do your 'quiet Time'.

The verse further goes to say the we have grace and peace through the knowledge of God. It is a common saying that the truth shall set you free but if  we examine that verse we come to understand that it is not the truth that sets us free but the 'knowledge of the Truth' that sets us free.

Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” (John 8:32 NIV)

  Thus let us bask in the grace (unmerited favor of God) and Peace (comfort at all times in spite of difficulties) by regular meditation of the word, listening to sermons and prayer. 

Prayer :
Abba father, Thank you for showing me that the faith I have is because of your righteousness and not because I have earned it. I want to stand firm in this faith by regularly increasing my knowledge about you. I want to learn your word and apply it to my life and in this way I know that I will be covered in your grace and peace will be with me at all times. 




  





No comments:

Post a Comment