Friday, November 14, 2014

2 Peter 1:3-4 Godly Life through Knowledge of Him


Truths :
1. His divine power ----> given us everything we need for a Godly life----> through knowledge of Him 
2. He called us by His own glory and goodness.
3. Through this knowledge :
     * He has given us his great and precious promises
     * we may participate in the divine nature
     * escape corruption in the world caused by evil desires,

Application

These verses makes me understand how beautifully the divine power has not just left us alone to live a Godly life. Jesus came down from heaven to earth to save us and also during His life on earth , he lived an example which we can follow. The goal of our spiritual growth is to be transformed into the image of Christ and we can become more like Him by knowing more about him and this is what is available in the Word. The word provides us answers to all questions we have. When we are sad we can turn to it, when we are happy we can rejoice in it, when we feel hopeless we can derive the hope,when we are discouraged, we can encourage ourselves. There is no practical life question that the Bible can't answer. Through the word the Lord has given us His precious promises whether of healing, deliverance, spiritual gifts, salvation and many more precious ones. We can claim these promises into our life through faith and hence participate in His divine nature. It helps us to live a holy and separated life to escape the corruptions of this world.

Prayer:

Father Lord, How great are your mercies that you have given us the word to learn more about you!! I want to grow more into your image and I know I can do this only with the knowledge about you. Bless me to have the thirst for The word and by feeding on the word I know that you live in me. Help me to apply all these to my life so that I can highlight you and give you all glory. Help me to have confidence in your promises and claim it into my life. Help me to walk this spiritual journey without being distracted by the Wordly sinful desires. Let me live a spirit -led life worthy of being called your Daughter. Never let me forget for a while, the glory and goodness by which I was called by you.

In Jesus mighty name I pray - Amen.


                       

No comments:

Post a Comment