Wednesday, November 26, 2014

2 PETER 2:20-22 BETTER NOT TO KNOW OF RIGHTEOUSNESS THAN TO KNOW AND THEN TURN FROM IT

Passage:
2 PETER 2:20-22

20 If they have escaped the corruption of the world by knowing our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and are again entangled in it and overcome, they are worse off at the end than they were at the beginning. 21 It would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than to have known it and then to turn their backs on the sacred command that was passed on to them. 22 Of them the proverbs are true: "A dog returns to its vomit," and, "A sow that is washed goes back to her wallowing in the mud."

Truths:

SINS TO CONFESS : IN THE NEW LIFE WITH CHRIST, WE NEED TO DIE TO OURSELF AND KEEP AWAY FROM OUR OLD EVILSELF

1. If we have been saved by accepting Christ as our saviour, we should not continue in our old sinful ways.
2. After knowing the truth, many are again entangled in their wicked ways.
3. This situation makes it worse off for them than they were at in the beginning.
4. It would have been better if they did not come to know about righteousness than to know about it and then turn back from it.
5. Peter reminds of the proverbs - A dog return to vomit and washed sow goes back to the mud and enjoys it.



Application:
   Here Holy Spirit teaches me that once we accept Jesus as saviour we need to die to self. We have died along with him which means old self is dead , we have been buried with him ie. our sins are buried along with us, and we have resurrected with him which means I have a new life with him. Christ now lives in me.

Galatians 2: 20
20 I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

     The new life is a life of faith. Faith takes it stand from the revelation in the scriptures and our Faith stands strong in the son of God. At the time of being saved we are given the Holy Spirit as a guide and counselor and He guides us when we come across situations which question our faith. When we go against this conviction, we are taking a u-turn from the path of righteousness. If we don't repent and return to the right path, we are on the way to be destroyed. We also have to be warned of other believers who backslide and off teachers who do not preach of this self-denial.

Prayer:
Abba Father, You have given me an opportunity to be saved and you live in me. Enable me to listen to the Holy Spirit when I comes across any situation. Bless me to never forget the beauty of this new life with you and never be lead back to my old life. I want to live a life with you as my saviour as long as I live or until you come back. Thank you Lord. Enable me to spread this good news to many others also so that they too enjoy the beauty of this relationship with you.
In Jesus mighty name I pray
AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment