Saturday, November 29, 2014

2 Peter 3:1-2 Reminder of the Predictions and Commands

 
Passage : 2 Peter 3:1-2
Dear friends, this is now my second letter to you. I have written both of them as reminders to stimulate you to wholesome thinking. I want you to recall the words spoken in the past by the holy prophets and the command given by our Lord and Savior through your apostles.
 
Truths :
1. Both the letters of Peter were meant to serve as reminders.
2. He wants to stir up our sincere mind to remember the predictions of the holy prophets and commandments of the Lord given through the apostles.
 
Application:
Peter emphasizes how important it is to remember the words spoken by the Prophets because they were actually speaking God's words and also the commands the apostles gave since they had been with Jesus and was taught these commands. Many a times in our lives we are just so busy with our lives that the words in the bible may seem just like stories. In fact this is the warning that Peter gives us that nothing in the bible is a fable or crafted story but are only the words of God. In the Old Testament God speaks through his prophets to the people and in the new testament the apostles mentions the commandments. We should hold on to these and keep reminding us of the coming back of the Lord Jesus Christ so that it becomes a reality to us and we can look forward to it.
 
Prayer:
Abba Father, Enable me to remind myself of the reality of your coming back through the words of the prophets and the apostles. Help me to stand strong on these and to wait for you with the assurance of my salvation. I thank you for this marvelous hope of which I am also a part. Help me to make others also understand these promises. In Jesus mighty name I pray , Amen.
 
 
 
WATCH THE SONG : STANDING ON THE PROMISES OF GOD
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment