Sunday, November 30, 2014

2 Peter 3:8- 9 The Lord's Perfect Timing


Passage:

2 Peter 3:8-9 New International Version (NIV)

8 But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. 9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.



Truths:

1.    For the Lord, one day is like 1000 years and vice versa

2.    The lord is not slow as some people interpret slowness

3.    He is patient and doesn't want anyone to perish and want everyone to come to repentance.


Application:


 Here in these verses Peter provides an answer to the scoffers who mock of the second coming and the delay in it happening. The Lord is just on time, He will bring all His promises to reality. We mere humans cannot comprehend His thinking, plans and timing. A day is like thousand years to Him and thousand years a single day, then how can we say if He is late or not? What right do we have to mock Him asking “If your promises where true, why haven’t they happened yet?” We need to simply and clearly understand that out Lord is a merciful God and He is allowing maximum people to repent and to come to Him. He doesn't want them to Perish.

                  I need to trust in the Lord’s timing whether in His second coming or an event in my life I am waiting for. We do not need to set a deadline for the prayers we pray but present our requests to God and submit it according to His will.


Prayer:


Oh Father, How beautifully you teach in these verses that you have a perfect timing and it is not easy for humans to understand this. I trust you Lord and surrender myself to you and wait patiently for your will on my life and your second coming. I will never let anything make me doubt this and will seek you at all time. You are the Lord of my life and I offer myself totally to you. Help me to fight my doubts and cling on to your promises at all times.
In Jesus precious name I pray
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment