Wednesday, December 3, 2014

2 PETER 3:17-18 GROW IN THE GRACE AND KNOWLEDGE OF CHRIST

Passage:


2 Peter 3:17-18New International Version (NIV)

17 Therefore, dear friends, since you have been forewarned, be on your guard so that you may not be carried away by the error of the lawless and fall from your secure position. 18 But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever! Amen.

Truths:

1. The scriptures have already forewarned about the destruction of the ungodly.
2. Therefore we need to be on guard and not get carried away by the lawless ways of the world.
3. We have a secure position in Christ and we shouldn't fall from it.
4. We need to grow in grace and knowledge of our saviour and Lord Jesus Christ. 
5. All glory belongs to him forever.

Application:


     We are in the last days and we have been warned of the destruction of the ungodly and hence we need to be on the guard and not let ourselves be carried away by the selfish desires of the worldly people. We have been saved from eternal death and are a new creation in him with a renewed spirit and hence we hold a very secure position now. We should not let anything in the world make us fall from this secure position. How can we be on guard?? We can be equipped only if we are deeply rooted in the word. As my mentor put it in one of our classes " Be saturated in the word of God so that when the world comes, we do not become saturated by the world" And this deep rooting in the word can happen when we HEAR , READ, STUDY,MEMORIZE AND MEDITATE ON THE WORD.
           In this way we can grow in the grace and knowledge and our saviour(the one who saved us from eternal death) and our Lord( the one who rules our life, His will is our will) In all that we are and in all that we do, we need to give glory to Him forever.

Prayer:


Abba Father, Thank you for the secure position that I am in now - I have the assurance of my salvation and nothing in the world is more precious over this. Enable me to overcome my evil fleshly desires and let your spirit in me show to others the security that I hold in you. Help me to spend more time with you in the word since in this way I can hear your voice and your will becomes my will. Enable me to be lead by the light of your word at all times. 
In Jesus mighty name I pray
AMEN




No comments:

Post a Comment