Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Proverbs 3:1-2 COMMANDS TO KEEP AND REWARDS FOR IT

Passage :

Proverbs 3:1-2
My son, do not forget my teaching,
    but keep my commands in your heart,
for they will prolong your life many years
    and bring you peace and prosperity.
 
 
 

 
 
                                   Here God is asking us not to forget whatever He has taught us. We do not have an excuse to say that we have forgotten what we have learned in the word. We need to the keep the commands in our heart so that we can use it to be led at all times of our life. The reward for this:
Prolonged life: I would like to understand it as eternity. If we obey His commands (accept Him as Savior and live a life with Him as the Lord) we get to live with Him in eternity.
Peace: When I know that I am going in a path with the Holy Spirit in control and am being led by the commands of God I will have a peace in the heart.
Prosperity: I like to understand prosperity as the verse Mathew 6:33 teaches “but seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.” 
When we seek His righteousness and His kingdom, whatever is required for us will be provided by the merciful Father.
Truth:
Promise to Keep: Remember the commands of the word and be led by it at all times.
Application:
There are times in my life where I come across a situation and I know what the word tells me to do but I don’t, because it is sometimes very difficult to 'die to myself'. These verses serve as a reminder that the Lord gives just as a father explains to his son. Never forget whatever the word is teaching, keep it locked in your heart so that your actions and word reflect the same when a situation is encountered. The rewards mentioned are so promising, I will be blessed with eternal life, peace at all times and will be prosperous in all the areas the Lord has willed for me.
Prayer:
Father Lord,
Thank you for reminding me how important it is to practice what I learn. Yes Father, I understand that the Bible is not a book to just read and gain knowledge, but something far far beyond it, It is a book to live by. Every action, every word I speak, every thought I have should be guided those precious words. Lord, I know there is your breath in every word of the bible and let me breath it in and exhale the same quality of breath I took in. I thank you for the precious rewards you have promised for the obedience to your words.
In Jesus's name I pray
Amen
 
Press this link to know -  HOW TO DO QUIET TIME? 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment