Wednesday, December 10, 2014

PROVERBS 2:1-5 SEEKING GODLY WISDOM EARNESTLY

Passage:


Proverbs 2:1-5

My son, if you accept my words
    and store up my commands within you,
turning your ear to wisdom
    and applying your heart to understanding—
indeed, if you call out for insight
    and cry aloud for understanding,
and if you look for it as for silver
    and search for it as for hidden treasure,
then you will understand the fear of the Lord
    and find the knowledge of God.

Truths:

Here the verses teach the benefit of gaining wisdom. Before achieving this wisdom there is an yearning, longing seeking i.e. an intentional / willful seeking of the Lord  which helps us to fear the Lord and understand him. The willful actions and my understanding of the same are as listed below:


1.      Accept my word – READ THE WORD

2.      Store up my commands with you – MEMORIZE  THE WORD
3.      Tuning your ear to wisdom – HEAR THE WORD
4.      Apply your heart to understanding – MEDITATE ON THE WORD (truth & application)
5.      Call out for insight, Cry aloud for understanding – STUDY THE WORD

In this way when we seek Him with all our heart, as if we are searching for hidden treasure, we will be soaked in His wisdom and we can understand His will for us in our life. We understand His majesty, His righteousness, His faithfulness, His love and He becomes our savior and our Lord.

Application:

I will do all the above ways to grow deeper roots in the word. The word of the Lord provides the wisdom and I will apply it to my life. I will remember the promises in His word and seek after Him all my life.
 





Prayer:


Abba father,
Thank you Lord for making me understand these verses. You soak us in your wisdom when we earnestly seek you. You are always near to us when we seek you and we have the promise that you will never leave us or forsake us. Thank you Lord for this Hope that we have in you. Help me and my fellow believers to stand strong on your word so that we can overcome any trails that come upon us through your divine wisdom. Help us to pass this Hope to many others Lord.
In your precious name I Pray
Amen


1 comment: