Sunday, December 21, 2014

Proverbs 3:13-18 GODLY WISDOM IS MUCH MORE PRECIOUS THAN GOLD AND SILVER

Passage:

Proverbs 3:13-18
13 Blessed are those who find wisdom,
    those who gain understanding,
14 for she is more profitable than silver
    and yields better returns than gold.
15 She is more precious than rubies;
    nothing you desire can compare with her.
16 Long life is in her right hand;
    in her left hand are riches and honor.
17 Her ways are pleasant ways,
    and all her paths are peace.
18 She is a tree of life to those who take hold of her;
    those who hold her fast will be blessed.

Understanding:

The verses here talk about the benefits of finding Godly wisdom. This wisdom is much more valuable than gold, silver and rubies. There is nothing more precious on this earth that can take its place. Godly wisdom promises us long life (eternal life with The Father) and riches and honor (Heavenly riches and the honor we receive there- this is what really matters to me). A person who has godly wisdom will select the most pleasant ways and the path he/she takes will lead to a peaceful life as he/she is in counsel with God. Holding on to this wisdom will make a person fruitful in their life and will be blessed.

Truths:

Promise to keep: Godly wisdom make us select the pleasant ways and enables us choose paths which leads to peace.

Application:

  I need to gain this Godly wisdom and there is no other way than to saturate in the word. I will seek the guidance of the Holy Spirit to help me interpret the scriptures and live in obedience to it as this wisdom will show me the right paths to take and ways to make my life a peaceful one. This wisdom is more precious than any other wisdom and should not be compared to worldly wisdom. In this evil world where people are just behind fulfilling their selfish ambitions and rely on their wisdom to achieve it, I need to be guided by the godly wisdom.



Prayer:

Father Lord, How precious is your Godly wisdom! Let me always seek your counsel in all matters so that I may select the right path in my life. Your guidance is so precious and I seek your blessings to enable me to come to you first to seek guidance than with my own knowledge or of others. Enable me to wait upon you for a decision and not to base my decisions on feelings and thoughts. I wish to surrender myself to you to be guided by the Holy Spirit at all times.
All this I ask in your precious name
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment