Sunday, December 7, 2014

PROVERBS 1:8-19 INVITATION OF THE SINFUL MEN AND THE INSTRUCTIONS TO HOLD ON TO

Passage : Proverbs 1:8-19

Listen, my son, to your father’s instruction
    and do not forsake your mother’s teaching.
They are a garland to grace your head
    and a chain to adorn your neck.
10 My son, if sinful men entice you,
    do not give in to them.
11 If they say, “Come along with us;
    let’s lie in wait for innocent blood,
    let’s ambush some harmless soul;
12 let’s swallow them alive, like the grave,
    and whole, like those who go down to the pit;
13 we will get all sorts of valuable things
    and fill our houses with plunder;
14 cast lots with us;
    we will all share the loot”—
15 my son, do not go along with them,
    do not set foot on their paths;
16 for their feet rush into evil,
    they are swift to shed blood.
17 How useless to spread a net
    where every bird can see it!
18 These men lie in wait for their own blood;
    they ambush only themselves!
19 Such are the paths of all who go after ill-gotten gain;
    it takes away the life of those who get it.

Truths:


1.   The instructions of our father and Mother should never be forsaken and they need to be remembered at all times.
2.   Solomon warns of sinners who will try to invite you into their evil world, But we shouldn't.
3.   They are the ones who wait patiently to kill others.
4.   They are the ones who steal precious things of others.
5.   They ask us for our money to share between everyone and promise to share theirs
6.   We should not trod into their path as it is headed towards evil and blood shed.
7.   The bird would never be a bait if they see the net spread before them, similarly we should be wise enough to understand the trap set before us.
8.   The sinful men who are doing harm to others are actually harming themselves as they have disobeyed God and His wrath is in store for them.
9.   This is the same fate of the people who are greedy for gain. Their own life will be taken away from them and they will be destroyed.

Application :


1.   I understand that I should remember the advice of my parents and elders who have only my goodwill in view and care for me. I also understand it as the instruction of my God who would never leave me and forsake me and these instructions I will wear as a garland to my head and as a chain around my neck which means that I should remember them at all times in my walk of life so that I do not tread into sinful path.
2.   The warning of Solomon to the young can be applied to my life as this:
I have been saved from eternal death and now enjoy a beautiful relationship with the Father. There will be many points in life when I can get invitations from sinful people. Their sin can range from gossip, jealousy, blasphemy, greed for possession, position & passion, back stabbing, slander to high end sins such as robbery, adultery or even murder. At these points I need to understand that in the beginning these people might be having fun, they might have the freedom, they might be adored by people, it might be the most popular thing to do, they might be honored for it, But this is not my God’s will for me. I have been redeemed by the blood of Jesus and a very high price has been paid for my redemption. I should never forget that just to satisfy my passions and fulfill my need to please others. These sinful people are only digging their own hole since there will be a judgement day and they will be answerable for all their sins whether big or small.  The wrath of God will come upon them. I need to be guided by the Godly wisdom through the guidance of the Holy Spirit to choose my paths wisely.



Prayer:

Father Lord,   
Thank you for making me understand that many traps can be set before me by sinful people. Enable me and my fellow believers to be guided by the Holy Spirit, the counselor you have given us and never fall into their snares. Help us to remember the price that you have paid for saving us from this sinful world and keep this knowledge as chain around our neck so that we remember this and never fall into temptation.
Thank you for your mercies,
In Jesus mighty name I pray

No comments:

Post a Comment