Sunday, December 7, 2014

PROVERBS 1:7 FEAR OF THE LORD IS THE BEGINNING OF KNOWLEDGE

Passage:

Proverbs 1: 7 
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge,

but fools despise wisdom and instruction.


Truths:


1. If we don’t fear the Lord we cannot gain the wisdom
2. Fools despise this wisdom and instruction

                     Fear of the Lord, being a believer, means to me a ‘fear out of awe’ for God. It is understanding who God is, His Character and how holy and righteous He is. This make us have a reverential fear for him. True wisdom comes only by this understanding that God is in control. The fools are the ones who do not want to understand God and shun away from him and in this way they despise wisdom and instruction. They live in their own sinful and lustful world without knowing God

Application:

  •  I should fear the Lord i.e. totally surrender to Him. I need to understand that He is in control and He is the name above all names and my savior. Only through Him we are righteous. Once this understanding is in place the knowledge and wisdom falls in place.
  •  I should never be like the fools, who know the truth but wish to not understand God and His power and run around happily in the world enjoying their sinful ways. They do not wish to Know God and will not understand His wisdom and instructions. Doom awaits them.



Prayer:


Abba Father, I surrender myself to you. Let the Christ in me grow bigger and let me and my thinking grow lesser. I want to understand your instructions and want to walk with your wisdom. As Solomon seek it from you Let me also seek your Godly wisdom for conducting my life so that my life in this world would be fruitful. Thank you for the many times you forgave me for being fool and turning away from your instructions. Enable me to walk in the path you desire for me and through the wisdom I gain, Enable me understand your will in my life.

In Jesus precious name I pray , AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment