Wednesday, January 21, 2015

ECC 4:9-10 - TWO ARE BETTER THAN ONE



S -  Ecc 4:9-10
9 Two are better than one,
    because they have a good return for their labor:
10 If either of them falls down,
    one can help the other up.
But pity anyone who falls
    and has no one to help them up.
O - 
1. Two is better than one
2. Good return for their labor
3. One fall – other helps.
A-
  God has created us to be social beings. After He created Adam, God said in Genesis Vs 2:18 "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him." and later He made Eve. In this way God has created in us a need to be loved, to be with each other and to help one another. Nothing should keep us busy so as to miss this companionship. This is also very helpful with spiritual life partners, where when one is down the other can encourage, when one is back sliding the other can bring him back. They can encourage each other to bring back their focus on the Lord. 
                   In my life I have been blessed with a blessed family, good friends, supporting colleagues and encouraging fellow believers. But many a times, the busyness of life has kept me distracted and I took it for granted that I am too busy to have time with them. I would like to make an intentional effort with God’s grace to be in companionship with whomsoever God has placed in my life and extend a helping hand or word of encouragement to any one in need.

P - 
Abba Father,
I realize that I have a lot to grow in this area. I want to love and help all the people that I have in my life. Help me to understand them and to lovingly help them in whatever situation they are in.  Open my eyes to empathize and understand others. In all my words and actions, Let your glory be revealed and let the focus always be upon you.
In Jesus’ precious name I pray
AMEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment