Sunday, January 18, 2015

EPHESIANS 3:18-19 IMMEASURABLE LOVE OF GOD

 
S - Ephesians 3:18-19 (NIV)
 may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
O – 1. Power to grasp the width / length / height / depth of God’s love
2. Together with Lord’s holy people
3. This is love that surpasses all knowledge
4. filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
 
A – These verses are so beautiful. Just reading it can bring a smile on your face and make you feel the love. How awesome!!!! It highlights that we need His strength and power (which is none other than the Holy Spirit) to feel the fullness of His love. No human brain can comprehend the height, depth, width or length of our heavenly father’s love for us. These verses goes on to explain that we not only have to understand this awesome love but need to experience this love of Christ to be filled with fullness of God.
       I would apply it to me life in this manner. I will never base my happiness on the love of the world or any material aspects. My father’s love for me is beyond measurement and I want to be basked in it. Nothing can take the place of this love.With the help of the Holy Spirit I will understand and fully experience my father’s love. And this love is not only for me to enjoy but together with all Lord’s people which means that I have to share this joy with many others so that they too may understand and experience it themselves. Unless we are rooted in this deep love of the Lord we cannot be filled with His holy presence.
 
P – Abba Father, I am so privileged to be your daughter who is loved to such an extent. Your word promises it and you always keep your promises. You are a faithful God. I know that I can understand and experience this love through your promising word and help me to plunge deep into your word and seek you. Enable me, with the help of the Holy Spirit, to never forget this love and not place my happiness on on anyone or anything. During times of stress let me able to sit down and just simply feel this divine love. Only you Lord can give me this guaranteed love and I simply love you.
In Jesus precious name, AMEN
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment