Sunday, January 18, 2015

JOHN 13:14-15 EXAMPLE OF SERVANTHOOD



S - John 13:14-15 (NIV)
14 Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another’s feet. 15 I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you.
O – 1. Now that I washed ….You also should
2. set you an example.
A - As we continue our life with Christ as the Lord, we are called to transform into His image. This image is not a strange or fictional image but one which was shown by our Lord in His human form while in his flesh. Hence it is not something which is impossible to achieve but requires more dying to self or overcoming fleshly desires of pride, ego etc. If our Lord could bring himself down to such a lower position of washing His disciples feet then how much more should we His mere creations?
   I need to break my comfort zone and bring myself to be more helpful to others. Whether small or Big, I will imbibe service as a regular part of my life. I will lean on the Holy Spirit without whose help I cannot do it.
P – Abba Father, I know that I have a lot to learn in this section of serving others. Enable me to reflect this servant hood mentality of yours and be of support and service to others. Enable me to be fully led by the spirit so as to overcome my fleshly weakness of pride.
In Jesus Name I pray, AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment