Tuesday, January 20, 2015

PHIL 2:3-5 MINDSET OF JESUS - HUMILITY



S - Philippians 2:3-5New International Version (NIV)
3 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, 4 not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.
5 In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:

O - 
 N O
1. Selfish Ambition
2. Vain Conceit
3. Look at our own interests
YES
1.  Humility
2.  Value others above ourselves
3.  Look at interests of others
4. Have same mindset as Christ Jesus

A – This current world has become a world of selfies where the highlight is on self. It is more about “What About me?” attitude that we have. We want to be happy. What is our rights? How can this benefit me? Etc  But this is not what Christ wants us to be. We are to value others above ourselves. Its quite a difficult task because our flesh find its very difficult to let go of pride and ego. But this not what we as believers are called for. We need to put on the mindset of Christ. We have experience his love and compassion and this is the same we need to give others. My mentor explained about justified anger today in class where she mentioned that justified anger is when we are right and other is for sure not and hence it is very difficult to let go of that anger. But no we need to look upon God and remember that he died for us while we were yet sinners. We did not deserve it but he did because it was the right thing to do and He valued our lives higher to his out of His great love for us, Same way we need to let go of all the pride and value others above us.

P – Father, You portrayed humility, love and compassion at all times and I really don’t deserve it. Help me to pass on the same to people around me.  Enable me to be of service to others and always treat them with humility and keep their interests above mine. Enable me to have a deep relationship with you so that I may produce the fruit of the spirit so that I may be able to serve the community you have placed me in.
In Jesus precious name I pray
AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment