Wednesday, January 7, 2015

PROVERBS 5:11-14 HEED TO THE ADVICES OF THE FATHER OR BE SORRY LATER

Passage :

Proverbs 5:11-14
11 and at the end of your life you groan,
    when your flesh and body are consumed,
12 and you say, “How I hated discipline,
    and my heart despised reproof!
13 I did not listen to the voice of my teachers
    or incline my ear to my instructors.
14 I am at the brink of utter ruin
    in the assembled congregation.”



Truths:

Promise to Keep: Heed to godly wisdom or regret later.

Understanding:
1.       When sin takes over us, our whole flesh and body is consumed.

2.       Once we fall into the deep hole of sin, we will remember the no: of times God disciplined us and corrected us but how we overlooked all the advices and warnings and went into darkness.

3.       We will remember how God had used many people to make us understand His will.

Application:


‘Prevention is better than cure” is a quote which comes to my mind as I read these verses. Before we fall into any sin, Holy Spirit warns us. God may use many mediums to reach us and help us to select the right paths. He is a disciplining father who wants the best for me. I need to heed to His warning and move into that direction. Sin is like a consuming fire which can eat up the body and soul. Even though we may recover from it, the past may haunt us or people would still rebuke us. So it is much better to be lead by the father at all times so as not to fall into the pit of sin.

Prayer:

Abba Father,

     I acknowledge that my flesh is weak and I need to depend on your strength to know the right and wrong. Enable me to seek your will in my life. Enable me to be guided by the counselor, the holy spirit at all instances. I submit my whole self to you father, mold me and make me into your likeness.

In Jesus' powerful name 
AMEN





No comments:

Post a Comment